Monday, October 21, 2013

The Beast with a Million Eyes

I keep coming up with a loss for Creature-Feature Friday. And this week was no different.


I often times like older horror movies. The original The Haunting and House on Haunted Hill are two of my favorites. Most of the time they are stylized so well that they scare you without ever having an actual monster or ghost. But that was not the case here, granted most monster movies of the 50's are kind of just silly now, I think this one should not be classified in the "creature-feature" genre. I think it was intended as more of a commentary on the strength of the human mind and how humans breed hatred in the world, less so about horror and a scary creature. But then again, it was also just ridiculous. The "mood" setting music was comical which I'm sure was not the intention and the acting was over the top. The "creature" is supposedly just a mind from outer space, but it takes over the minds of other animals, controlling them to attack and being able to see what humans are doing through their minds. Yet, at the very end there is a creature that appears from inside the little space ship even though the mind touts it has no physical or corporeal form. I guess it was just using the mind of that little creature like it was with the animals. Otherwise, it was alright.

"The Beast" 

My rating:

I fell behind in my reviews again and am trying to catch up before tonight's feature, so I am trying to not write a lot about each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment