Monday, October 7, 2013

Silent Hill: Revelation

The first Supernatural Sunday graces my screen with Silent Hill: Revelation.


I haven't had a burning desire to see this sequel, but was interested since I like the video games and the first one was a pretty good movie. I also discovered Kit Harington of Game of Thrones fame was in this which I was intrigued by. I am also a bit obsessed with the SyFy show called Face Off and one of the judges from the first few seasons, Patrick Tatopoulus, was the creature designer for it as he was for the first. Silent Hill: Revelation kind of picks up where the first left off. Sharon da Silva and her father have been moving around since she was 11, on the run from the creepy cult that (the Order) wants her back in Silent Hill. They are constantly changing their names and in the new town she is Heather Mason and her father is Harry Mason; both are characters from the 3rd Silent Hill game. When her father is taken, she goes into the Otherworld in Silent Hill with the help of Vincent (Harington) to find him. Later, Heather discovers her true origin as the reincarnation of Alessa Gillespie. Aside from liking the creature design, I really don't have too much else to say about the movie. There weren't a lot of good scares, they were mostly just designed for the 3D effect. The music is good and is all composed by Akira Yamaoka who composed the music for the video game franchise as well.

Kit surrounded by nurses
I appreciate they tried to stick with the story arc of the series of video games, but the plot was a stretch and kind of lacking. Visually nice as the first was, but a stinker otherwise. I actually fell asleep watching it, and re-watched what I missed later. I think the real lesson here is to not watch movies that were released in 3D (see Shark Night).

Alessa
You know nothing, Jon Snow. I mean, Vincent? 


My rating: 


No comments:

Post a Comment