Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Resident Evil: Retribution

I didn't learn my lesson. Another made for 3D and a sore disappointment for Zombday, but I only have myself to blame.



I am a fan of the video game and movie franchise, but the last one was really bad. I thought I would give this one a chance to redeem itself, but I dare say this one may have been even worse. Of course, they also leave with a definite sequel. As much as I hate to say it, I will probably watch that one too, just because I have a desperate need for closure on this goddamn series for some reason!


Too many leather unitards, too many slow motion action sequences and blah script round out this installment. They introduce new characters, Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong without any characterization, mostly just to give a shout out to the video games I think. Three characters from the first and second movie are brought back for essentially nothing. Although it was kind of nice to see Michelle Rodriguez in it again. And the Red Queen terrorizes Alice yet again. This one is not worth watching folks, and I am sad I wasted my time with it, so the review is short to prevent wasting more time on it.
Milla in a unitard






Sienna Guillory in a unitard and three familiar faces

They also introduced a flying monster at the end, which to me looked a lot like one of the flying Zergs from Starcraft. But I guess these creatures have been featured in some of the games.

 Flying Resident Evil monster 
 Starcraft Zerg or Mutalisk




That evening I also saw This is the End with my boyfriend. So my real lesson is I should have just stuck with that one to write a review for, even though it wasn't truly "zombie." (P.S. It was alright - would be a 2.5 skull maybe. It had good moments but the humor was just too much like it was written for 12-year old boys.)

My rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment