Monday, October 3, 2016

Horror-tober 3: Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse


Zombday is usually my favorite day but I think next year I might have to change the classification of this day because I am running out of new zombie movies to watch, or at least there are less that pique my interest. We'll see.

The Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse is a gory tale of friendship and survival with sophmoric and raunchy humor. Longtime friends are coming to terms with growing up and feeling like they are "uncool" for being teenage scouts. When the zombie apocalypse breaks out, they realize they need to stick together because they have the skills to survive and save the town.

I think if I had seen this as a teenager or just as a 13 year-old boy I might have enjoyed it more. From start to finish the movie was a zombie gore fest with lots of references to boobs and sex. Sort of like watching a terrible version of Superbad (or something similar) with zombies. It was boring and stupid, but it did have zombie cats, I liked that. More zombie cats please and less zombie boobs! Oh, and more zombies singing Britney Spears. In fact, I want a whole troop of zombies singing and dancing to "Toxic" or "Work Bitch". I would watch that. I was also disappointed that Blake Anderson (Blake from Workaholics) was in the film so briefly. The truth is, this is my second time watching this (first time was outside of Horror-tober earlier this year) and I did not enjoy it anymore than the first. In fact, I think I enjoyed it less which doesn't happen very often.



Joey and I agree on a rating for this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment