Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Horror-tober 11: Witching and Bitching (Las Brujas de Zugarramurdi)


This one has been on my list to watch for some time, so I'm glad that I finally got a chance to work it in for Horror-tober Fest.

A man, robs a "cash for gold" shop with some other down on their luck men, basically so he can escape with his son and no longer provide alimony. Running from the police with one of his accomplices, his son, a hijacked cab driver, and a man that was on his way to a job interview, this rag tag crew finds themselves on the way to France. But they have to pass through Zugarramurdi, a place known for dark magics and witches.


This Spanish movie is zany and over-the-top all the way through from the very begininng. With elements of comedy, romance, and good old gross out horror, this one was quite enjoyable. Also a farce on misogyny and feminism in a way. It is insane, the effects are weird and kooky, and it often does not make sense, but that is what makes this one a joy to sit through. Because I am running behind on my reviews, I am making this one and others brief.  


No comments:

Post a Comment