Friday, October 2, 2015

Horror-tober 2: Cursed



I'm kind of breaking my rules this year, just to make it a bit easier on myself when I have busier days than others. That said, I watched Cursed for Creature-Feature Friday even though I have seen it before. I also feel that this year I want to pay homage to the late Wes Craven, mostly because that man made some great movies, some of my favorite horror films of all time, most of which really helped to form my interest and love for the genre.

A brother and sister living in Hollywood, find themselves changed after an encounter with some mysterious creature on Mulholand Drive. Not Wes Craven's best by any means, but it is still pretty good and fun. I like this one because it has some decent effects and good scares, albeit most fairly predicatable. Werewolves seem hard to make well while avoiding being too hokey or unrealistic. But this one does a pretty good job of creating a menacing and pretty believable werewolf character. It also has some good humor. All in all, a decent little film that gets some slack probably because the overall plot is pretty silly, but I don't mind it. 

That's all I really have to say about this one. Again, I make the rules about how I do this so deal with it.

I couldn't resist this gif.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment