Saturday, October 10, 2015

Horror-tober 10: More shorts

So, I copped out and had to do shorts again today. But, honestly, these are kind of fun and also just goes to show you that you can create a scary little piece of film sometimes with a little more than a couple of minutes and without the big budgets.

First up for tonight was Vienna Waits for You. A young German girl moves to Vienna and finds a sweet apartment for a steal. Little does she know that the apartment is more than it seems. This one wasn't scary but was entertaining and also beautifully filmed. It is on Vimeo and featured on Short of the Week's horror channel. So I had to download it to share it and got the super low, mobile SD, version. So if you are going to spend the 24 or so minutes to watch this one, better to go to this link and watch the HD version.  





Pictured is by the same short director, David F. Sandberg, as Lights Out that was featured yesterday. I didn't like it as much but it was nice, and the same lady getting into the same kind of trouble with the creepy things that live in her apartment. I'm not a Doctor Who fan, but I've been told that it sort of is a reference to the "weeping angels." So if you are, a Who fan that is, you may like this one.




2 AM - The Smiling Man. I had a weird day and at some point Joey and I had talked about smiling (I am a smiler, even when I don't feel great) and I remembered that there was this short. So, I decided to watch it. Something as simple, friendly, and innocent as a smile could be the stuff of nightmares.




Tufty, another featured on Short of the Week's horror channel. I wanted to watch it because I thought that the cute bear was going to do scary things. He didn't. But it is still pretty good, and kind of a messed up story about children's toys. Got the trailer but not the full film this time, just check out the link if you want to watch it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment